On April 12, our ILC- MDAT- YMCA students had the opportunity to visit the War Museum, on Gr. Lampraki street.
As they explained to us in the visit, the building was designed by the Italian architect Vitaliano Pozelli (1838-1918) in the early 20th century and was originally used by the Ottoman Army. When Thessaloniki was liberated in 1912 by the Greek Army, it came under its ownership and military units were established there. After a period of disuse, the political and military leadership of the place decided to house the War Museum of the city here as an annex of Thessaloniki.
Its renovation and reconstruction work began in 1993. After the completion of the work, the Museum opened its doors to the public in 2000.
It is a very interesting Museum and our students had a good time.
“YMCA is a partner of MDAT in the framework of the HELIOS project, implemented by IOM and funded by the Ministry of Migration and Asylum.”