Today, as every year on the 2nd of April since 1967, the International Children’s Book Day (ICBD) is celebrated. The day is observed on or around Hans Christian Andersen’s birthday and many events and activities take place to promote children’s literature and love of reading!
In DIA-drasis program we enjoy reading books and do activities based on fairy tales and other children’s stories…
Let’s take a look of some of our favorite activities…
DIA-drasis’ teachers thought about these days that we have to stay at home, even if we cannot celebrate all together, to send you favorite fairy tales and video stories to explore the imaginary worlds of fantasy together parents and children!
- A lovely story The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore
- Listen to a story (in Greek) about A ladybird that meets an elephant and flip the pages of a book (listen more stories here)
- Check this story of a brown bear… and say what do you see?
- Fairy tales in Farsi https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdlo2GbuiO1wDWqAqQwxJbg
- Fairy tales in Arabic https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCazFScO30FKY3YoNNDfNY5g
- E-books for children in Arabic https://download-children-pdf-ebooks.com/195-1-library-books
- Make your own books at home and read the stories your imagination can create…